New Paths in SUMMER!!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Summer is here people and I love it!! I wake up with the urge to do something for once. I actually look forward to the sunshine in the morning and I want to embrace. I just seem to have enough sleep lately even when I sleep at 2am every morning. Well today I woke up early and had my wonderful shower and took my time to dress up for once. I even listened to Nozzie and them in RMR talking about the silliest things in the morning.



However my loving time was interrupted when I realised that I was running late. I was admiring myself in the mirror for so long that I lost track of time. I quickly rushed and made my bed and I stormed out of my room.



But the real obstacle was making a decision on which route to take. It was either the steep hill that had a short distance to Eden Grove (or Groove for some people) or the more comfortable down hill path that had a longer route. I was brave and too the steep hill. While I was struggling to carry my hips and the rest of my body up the hill, I realised, in my agony, that I was making the right decision. We often think that the right path is the longest path but it’s not true, it the shortest one but the most difficult one. Unlike walking down hill, we gain strength by climbing our mountains. We realise our capacity to do things and we challenge ourselves mentally and physical. Maybe it’s the summer but this term I plan to take the road less taken and imprint my footsteps on the routes that many fail to challenge. HOLA SUMMER!!!

Push (Pumelela Nqelenga)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree, there is this misconception that longer routes are the paths that lead you to success, whereas its an individual who determines which path best suites them. If you are able to go the shorter route, then take it if you think (with good reason) that you can handle it...people may not always agree but in the end you will be proud of your achievement, and what greater joy is there than that in the celebration of successes. Apply yourself in a manner that you will not make you look back and regret but rather in a manner that will celebrate achievements and ignite feeling of pride and jubilation!
As Push said, take the right path and enjoy summer my peoples!!!!