Stressed Generation

Friday, October 10, 2008

It's my first year in varsity and life has been hard. I know the meaning of stress. It's such a common word in campus nowadays. However what has stressed me more this year is the fact that we are the next generation that will lead our country. I do not believe that this country has placed such responsibility on us to lead a country filled with greatness. I look at my generation and see young faces that seem to not care much about South Africa and who can not wait to use their skills in foreign places. I'm really stressed that so many youth are pessimistic about our country. So little of us know about our history and others know vaguely. Our generation have enjoyed the fruits of democracy yet they do not know who have given us such a gift. We are so fortunate but blinded by our fortunes. It is easy to complain but difficult to fix the problems that we complain about.


I hope this country has seen the sad faces of the youth and have felt their negative attitude. We are the next generation and I think that we deserve much more investment. I also believe that our generation is blinding themselves because they vision a bleak future ahead.


I still think we as a generation should be unified in building a positive attitude that will allow us to make change rather than run away. I understand that today when it comes to leadership we just become stressed but we should allow this to makes us want to change the current situation. We did not fight in any struggle nor do we have a history about our generation, but I believe we can still do that. We can be the first generation to be build a better South Africa for all of us and the next generation after us. We can fight together against racism, sexism, xenophobia and everything that is wrong in our country today. Let us live in a South Africa built by us and never forget where we came from.


If you want to join me just comment.


0 comments: