Democracy and us Youth

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let’s get political. Today we look at our politics and wonder what went wrong. Why is Zuma in power? Who ousted the president? Who is the current president and who the hell is Malema? Well people I can assure I’m in the same boat with you. I have been looking at the news and seeing how the ANC is caught up in so much conflict and changing policies the same way they change their cars. I was not impressed to here that former President Thabo Mbeki is out and a new president has been placed in. I questioned who voted the current president in? Us the citizens, I do not think so. I just do not understand that in a democracy there are elites who have the power to remove and place in a new president without the influence of the public or parliament. I cannot see this is as democratic action. I also think that it is high time that idiots like Malema should be excluded from the ANC since he is not bringing any justice to the party. We know the reason why Mbalula talked nonsense. He had to go to an initiation school to learn manners and know how to respect his elders. Now the ANCYL is lead by fools who cannot even construct a proper argument but blabbers about anything. Surely the ANCYL is bringing a bad name for us youth. I believe that we should start questioning our current government even if we are labelled as “non –revolutionaries” (whatever that means) and voice out our opinions since it is our democratic right to do so.

Pumelela 'Push' Nqelenga

1 comments:

po said...

I love the look of this blog! The political situation in South Africa blows my mind, it is confusing and I don't know what to think. I am living in the UK, missing SA like crazy and planning to come home, and am trying to understand what is going on!